Founded and continue to run ARGComFest, an annual comedy festival described by London's Evening Standard as "the comedy Glastonbury". Over the last six years, the festival has grown to be a major event on the comedy calendar with sixty acts appearing over two days.
- Developed the event from the initial idea to a sold out event, six years in a row.
- Researched venues, ticketing agents and partners/sponsors, developed relationships with them and negotiated hire fees / commissions / agreements.
- Produced and managed festival budget; set achievable break-even point and multiple bands of ticket prices accordingly; generated regular sales reports.
- Scouted new talent, programmed entire schedule, brokered fees with acts and agents.
- Wrote and implemented ethical and gender policies: for the last two years, the entire programme has been gender-balanced and diversity has improved year-on-year.
- Produced promotion and marketing strategy; fostered relationships with journalists and critics; wrote and distributed press releases.
- Generated and maintained web and social media presence; created and monitored social media advertising campaigns.
- Scouted and recruited experienced volunteers and staff to work the festival weekend.
- Risk assessment and mitigation: minimised risks and liability/exposure.
Worked in key office and front and back of house roles at London's first pub theatre supporting a period of major development and growth.
Technical Duty Management
- Managed technical and production requirements of in-house shows and visiting companies.
- Ran technical rehearsals, plot sessions, and get-ins/outs.
- Designed and programmed lighting and sound alongside other creatives.
- Maintained venue including painting, equipment repairs, and tidying.
- Liaised with visiting companies and assisted with pre- and post-production.
Front of House
- Sold tickets and merchandise, checked takings and deposited cash in safe.
- Generated Front of House reports and cash admin documentation.
- Responded to customer queries in person and via phone, email, and social media.
- Managed internal and external ticketing systems, including press allocations.
- Gave fundraising speeches, collected donations, and signed up patrons to friendship scheme.
All-encompassing role managing the venue, bar, box office, hire spaces, and company office. Responsibilities included facilities management, financial and budget management, bar and box office management, technical and production management, HR, Health and Safety, and security. Represented the company at licensing meetings and delivered a critical project replacing telephony and data systems.
- Managed cleaning and maintenance by external contractors.
- Maintained annual venue budget, processed invoices, produced weekly income analysis, completed banking.
- Advised Company Director and General Manager on required venue expenditure and worked with them to set future budgets.
- Ordered bar stock and consumables, developed relationships with breweries and suppliers.
- Recruited, trained and managed managers, technicians, and bar staff.
- Supported General Manager with recruitment of core staff.
- Created monthly rota for venue staff and ran payroll with external bookkeeper.
- Performed annual reviews of venue risk assessments and ensured compliance with fire safety and licensing regulations.
- Freelance: Tour Manager on many UK comedy/theatre tours including shows at Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Latitude Festival, and Cheltenham Science Festival, 2012-17.
- Soho Theatre: regular Venue Technician for theatre and comedy, 2016-17.
- Amnesty International UK: management of conferences, film screenings and other large events, plus IT Support, 2013-14.
- Comprehensive skills in audio production (podcasts, sound design, music), graphic design and video editing using Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Logic Pro X, QLab, and other software.
- Professional web development - both writing HTML/CSS code and using content management systems such as Wordpress and Drupal.
- Experienced administrator of Google Apps / GSuite, BT Cloud Phone.
- Proficient with all major office suites: Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Drive, Apple iWork.
- Expert Mac user - plus wider experience including Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge of basic scripting/programming; version control systems (including Git and GitHub); cloud platforms such as Heroku, AWS, and Google Cloud; Twitter bot creation; Twine interactive fiction.